For Clients Only:
Any time you leave a message for your midwife, please leave your first and last name.
Urgent Pregnancy-Related Issues:
Call 604-553-0911 to reach the midwife on call.
Call the midwife on call with any of the following:
- Vaginal bleeding
- Severe abdominal pain
- Rhythmic or painful uterine contractions prior to 37 weeks
- Severe headache and / or dizziness
- Blurred vision or “spots” before the eyes
- Unusual or sudden swelling or puffiness
- Temperature at or above 38.0o C ( 100.4o F )
- Vomiting lasting more than 24 hours
- Fluid leaking or gushing from the vagina
- Burning or stinging with urination
- Sudden or unusual decreased movement of the baby after 28 weeks
If you’ve called the midwife on call and haven’t heard from her within ten minutes, please call again. If, after another ten minutes, you still haven’t heard from her, please call Labour & Delivery at Royal Columbian Hospital at 604-520-4586 to tell them your situation. (Sometimes technology can fail us…)
Please do not send a text message, unless you have been specifically asked to do so.
Call 9-1-1 or go to an Emergency Department if you cannot reach your midwife
and you are concerned about your immediate health.
NON-URGENT MEDICAL CONCERNS (from clients only):
For non-urgent pregnancy-related issues or questions, please call the office at 604-553-1750 and leave a message. We do our best to respond to client messages within 24 – 48 hours.
To change or schedule an appointment, you can reach us via email or phone.